Are you looking for Essex school jobs?
If yes, then you are in the right space.
Essex, a county in the southeast of England, is not only known for its picturesque landscapes but also for its thriving education system.
The demand for qualified educators and support staff in Essex schools has created a myriad of job opportunities for individuals passionate about shaping the future of the next generation.
In this comprehensive article, we will delve into the various aspects of Essex school jobs, including the types of positions available, the application process, and the unique characteristics of working in education in this vibrant county.
Top 26 Best Essex School Jobs
Essex’s education sector offers a diverse range of job opportunities, catering to individuals with various skills and qualifications.
From teaching positions in primary and secondary schools to administrative roles, special education needs (SEN) support, and leadership positions, there’s a role suited for everyone.
Let’s explore some of the key Essex school jobs.
1. Data Entry and Workflow Administrator
Get ready for awesome Essex school jobs at Lister Medical Centre!
They’re on the lookout for a super organized and friendly individual to join their team as a data entry and workflow administrator.
The best part?
You’ll be rocking a permanent position, working Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, with a cool 30-minute lunch break. And here’s the kicker – you’ll be earning a sweet £10.50 per hour!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, includes handling all the incoming and outgoing mail, checking and printing those super urgent emails, and making sure everyone gets their important documents pronto.
You’ll be the go-to person for scanning, indexing, and managing all the paperwork magic using the latest tech like EZ DOC and SystmOne.
But wait, there’s more!
You’ll also be the hero in charge of sending out maternity check letters, ensuring everything is shipshape with new mothers.
And the fun doesn’t stop there – you’ll be the master of the appointment systems, making sure everything runs like a well-oiled machine.
Now, about you!
If you’re the type who loves staying organized, can handle a bustling work environment with a smile, and has an eagle eye for detail, Lister Medical Centre wants you!
If you’re up for a job where every day brings something new, they’re excited to hear from you.
So, what are you waiting for?
Dive into the attached job description for all the deets and let your awesome journey begin!
2. School Business Assistant
Here’s another exciting Essex school jobs to join the team at St Luke’s C of E Primary School!
They’re on the lookout for a fantastic School Business Assistant to be a key player in providing top-notch financial, administrative, and clerical support to the Head Teacher and the amazing school staff.
And the best part?
It’s a permanent part-time gig with an annual salary ranging from £12,035.88 to £12,236.88.
St Luke’s is not just a school; it’s a fully inclusive, one-form entry haven with high expectations for all its pupils.
The school is all about care and support, creating a friendly and welcoming community where everyone feels at home.
Now, they’re searching for an experienced, self-motivated individual who’s a team player and preferably has a background working in a bustling school office.
You’ll need to be a wizard with SIMs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Forms, and more.
Strong literacy and numeracy skills are a must, and if you can multitask like a pro in a school’s lively atmosphere, you’re the one they’re looking for.
The chosen candidate will be a communication and organization maestro, maintaining professionalism and approachability in equal measure.
If you’ve got a track record of continuing professional development, you’re definitely on the right track!
Feel like this role is calling your name?
St Luke’s encourages you to get in touch, visit the school, and explore this excellent opportunity.
Just reach out to 01457 852602 or email email@example.com to set up an appointment or get more info.
Don’t miss out on being part of a community that prioritizes the well-being of everyone, with inclusion at its very core.
Apply now and be part of something special!
3. Breakfast Club Assistant
Get ready for an amazing opportunity at Willow Brook Primary School in Colchester, Essex!
They’re on the lookout for a dynamic Breakfast Club Assistant to join their team.
This permanent position of Essex school jobs comes with a monthly salary ranging from £1,941 to £1,976.
Now, here’s the scoop on what makes this role so fantastic.
As a Breakfast Club Assistant, you’ll be making a real difference in the lives of children as they kick off their school day.
If you’re an organized and creative individual who loves working with kids, this is the perfect gig for you!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to bring your engaging and friendly approach to initiate positive play and encourage age-appropriate activities.
You’ll create a purposeful and inclusive environment, ensuring the safety and well-being of the children at all times.
But here’s the twist – it’s not just about your experience; it’s about your passion and commitment to their mission.
Willow Brook Primary School wants someone who’s a great communicator with a warm and encouraging manner, enthusiastic about teamwork, and passionate about children learning through play and physical activities.
If you’re committed to high standards of service and hygiene, you’re the one they’re looking for!
And guess what?
You’ll get the following.
- Prioritizes the well-being and career development of its employees.
- Offers excellent ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Provides a comprehensive induction program for new staff.
- Maintains a friendly and supportive work environment.
- Embraces exciting development opportunities for professional growth.
- Implements innovative changes to enhance the workplace.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- TKAT Widerwallet discount program.
- Free eye tests.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Values individuals passionate about safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare.
- Commits to inclusion, diversity, and equality of opportunity.
- Promotes flexible working practices to support employee well-being.
- Values and accommodates individual differences.
4. School Keeper / Caretaker
Exciting opportunity for a full-time, permanent position with an annual salary of £24,804 to £25,212 (pending a pay award). Application deadline: December 17, 2023.
As a School Keeper, you’ll work 36 hours per week, covering 8-hour shifts between 6 am and 10 pm, Monday to Friday, with potential weekend rota duties.
Responsibilities include site maintenance, security, and assisting staff with site-related matters.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic and flexible team player with excellent communication skills.
In return, Redden Court School values your well-being, offering benefits like a company pension, cycle-to-work scheme, free parking, and sick pay.
Join a thriving educational community with opportunities for continuous professional development.
Apply now if you’re passionate about safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Diversity in our workforce is welcomed!
For more information or to apply, contact Gareth James at The Royal Liberty School: 01708 730141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.sfaet.co.uk.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity for Essex school jobs!
Be part of Redden Court School and the Success for All Educational Trust family!
5. WrapAround Assistant
In Haverhill CB9 9DE, St Felix RC Primary School is seeking a dedicated WrapAround Assistant to join their team.
This one of the Essex school jobs, offering a competitive pay of £12.18 per hour, is part-time, permanent, and commences on January 8, 2024.
The working hours are from 7:30 am to 8:45 am and 3:15 pm to 5:15 pm, Monday to Friday, during term time (38 weeks a year), totaling 13 hours a week.
Flexibility is available regarding either morning or afternoon shifts.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate evidence of sufficient education or experience to assist students with homework, experience in organizing activities for mixed age/ability groups, and a solid understanding of child development and children’s needs.
The ability to work both collaboratively and independently, reliability, enthusiasm, and a supportive attitude towards the Catholic ethos of the school is essential.
Responsibilities include setting up and clearing away activities for the wraparound sessions, caring for pupils, liaising with parents, assisting in planning diverse activities, and providing intimate care.
Interested applicants should apply by the closing date on December 8, 2023, with interviews scheduled for December 15, 2023.
St. Felix is part of the Our Lady of Walsingham Catholic Multi Academy Trust, known for its collaborative partnership and commitment to staff development.
The school prioritizes safeguarding and welfare, requiring a Disclosure and Barring Service Check for successful applicants.
This part-time, permanent position offers not only an attractive hourly rate but also benefits such as company events, a company pension, and employee discounts.
Don’t miss this opportunity to contribute to the vibrant community at St Felix RC Primary School.
6. School Receptionist Full-Time Temporary
Join a fantastic team at a well-organized primary school in Hackney as they seek an experienced School Office Administrator to oversee their busy school office.
This full-time role offers a competitive pay range of £14 to £16 per hour.
As the School Receptionist, you will lead the operations of the school reception and assist in managing various services for the school.
This one of the best Essex school jobs operates Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm during term time only, and an ASAP start is desired for this temporary contract.
- Interact with teachers and staff to address questions and resolve issues.
- Coordinate school events, including parent meetings, plays, and trips.
- Manage mail distribution and phone calls, greeting visitors.
- Facilitate communication between administrators, teachers, and students’ families.
- Handle incoming orders and organize distribution to relevant staff.
- Undertake routine clerical and administrative support duties.
- Oversee damages letters and maintain records for pupil damage.
- Record-keeping for pupil meals, ensuring timely payments.
- Organize pupil documents in electronic files.
- Manage daily bus and taxi lists, identifying underutilized vehicles.
- Update pupil information on the SIMS database.
The school is initially offering this role on a contract basis but is keen to make the successful candidate a permanent part of their team.
If you’re ready to take on this exciting opportunity, apply now!
The school has a commitment to respond to applications within three working days.
However, due to a high volume of applications, individual inquiries may not receive immediate responses.
Rest assured, Philosophy Education, a Recruitment Business, is advertising this vacancy on behalf of the school.
A fantastic opportunity awaits a dedicated Cleaner to join the team at Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred on a fixed-term contract until July 2024.
These full-time Essex school jobs offer a competitive hourly rate ranging from £14 to £16, with attractive benefits including a car scheme and a company pension.
Operating during term time only, the working hours are from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm, Monday to Friday, with no break.
The successful candidate will play a vital role in maintaining the cleanliness of the academy.
Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred is a three-form entry primary school with a Nursery, known for its outstanding achievements and collaborative approach.
The academy follows core values of Teamwork, Resilience, Respect, Responsibility, and Community, creating a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Clean allocated areas, including classrooms, offices, corridors, stairs, and toilets.
- Perform vacuuming, wiping, dusting, and mopping tasks.
- Clean toilets, basins, tiling, and glass areas.
- Empty bins in the designated area.
- Dispose of waste as instructed.
- Use appropriate cleaning machines.
- Safely store and use materials.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Commitment to providing high-quality service.
- Strong communication skills and ability to follow instructions.
- Good time management, reliability, and punctuality.
- Well-organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Flexible approach to allocated work.
- Team player with the physical ability to undertake necessary tasks.
To apply, interested candidates are encouraged to download the Job Pack for full details on responsibilities and qualifications.
The academy emphasizes the importance of applying early, as interviews and offers may occur before the closing date.
- Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred fosters a culture of collaboration and career planning for its valued staff.
- The benefits package encompasses a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, a Pension Scheme with generous contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, an electric car scheme, and more.
- The Harris Federation and its academies prioritize safeguarding, requiring staff commitment to this principle.
- Employment offers are subject to an enhanced DBS check, references, an online search, and, if applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
- The Harris Federation, as an equal opportunities employer, encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
- Diversity is highly valued, and the federation aims to be an inclusive employer, mirroring the communities it serves, and fostering a fair, equitable, and mutually supportive learning and working environment.
8. 1:1 Teaching Assistant
Woodhall Primary School, a place committed to providing the best start in life for its students, is seeking a skilled Teaching Assistant for a temporary fixed-term contract starting in January 2024.
Key Details of one of the best Essex school jobs:
Job Type: Temporary Contract (Fixed Term).
Position: Teaching Assistant.
Start Date: January 2024.
Contract Hours: Part-time (32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year).
Contract Duration: Fixed term until 31 August 2024.
Salary: Grade 3 SP 4-6 (FTE £23,114 – £23,893/Actual £17,366 – £17,951 per annum).
About Woodhall Primary School:
Children have one chance for a quality education, and Woodhall Primary School is on a mission to provide just that.
The school is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join its dedicated team as a Teaching Assistant, working 1:1 with a specific pupil.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Child-focused with a passion for education.
- Inspires a love of learning and nurtures success.
- Holds high expectations for themselves and the children they work with.
- Highly motivated and ready to contribute to the school’s journey of improvement.
The Teaching Assistant will work under a teacher’s supervision, providing support for teaching and learning activities.
This may involve assisting with whole-class activities, supporting individuals or small groups of pupils, and attending to the personal and social needs of students to aid their learning and development.
Benefits of Joining Woodhall Primary School:
- A friendly and welcoming school environment.
- A caring, team ethos valuing each member.
- Dedicated colleagues fostering a collaborative working atmosphere.
- Supportive and driven leadership team.
- Opportunities for significant training and development.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online via the careers website before the closing date on 02 January 2024.
Interviews will be conducted on 08 January 2024, and early applications may be considered.
9. Teaching Assistant
Exciting Essex school jobs for a Primary Teaching Assistant (TA) in Braintree!
Pay: £75 – £95 a day
Job Type: Temporary Contract
Position: Teaching Assistant
Start Date: ASAP
Are you passionate about education and eager to support young learners?
Join our enthusiastic team as a Teaching Assistant (TA) in a dynamic primary school in Braintree.
Shape the educational journey of our students and play a crucial role in their development.
Essential Support Role: Be a vital support system for teachers and students, assisting in various classroom activities and aiding in student development.
Engaging Participation: Gain valuable experience in a classroom setting, working alongside teachers to create engaging and interactive learning experiences for students.
Individualized Support: Provide one-on-one or small group support, ensuring personalized attention for each student to thrive academically and socially.
Collaborative Environment: Join a supportive team of educators committed to fostering a positive and inclusive learning environment.
Your Responsibilities as a Primary Teaching Assistant (TA):
- Assist teachers in classroom setup, preparation of materials, and support during lessons and activities.
- Offer invaluable support to students who may require additional guidance or assistance in their learning journey.
- Contribute actively to maintaining a positive, inclusive, and nurturing atmosphere within the school.
Requirements and Benefits:
While prior experience or qualifications in education or support roles are advantageous, a genuine passion for working with children and supporting their development is key.
Competitive compensation package and opportunities for professional growth and development within the school community.
How to Apply:
If you’re enthusiastic about education and dedicated to making a positive impact on children’s lives, apply now to become a Teaching Assistant (TA) in Braintree!
To apply for a role in Essex, click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your up-to-date CV.
You can also get in touch with Jessie Dowden at GSL Education Essex (email@example.com), or directly land on the website of GSL Education to apply online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Thorough background checks, including enhanced DBS disclosures on the update service, will be conducted as part of the recruitment process in accordance with government regulations.
10. School Crossing Patrol Officer
Join the Essex County Council School Crossing Patrol Team!
Are you passionate about community safety?
In these part-time Essex school jobs, School Crossing Patrol Officers play a crucial role in ensuring the safety of pedestrians crossing the road to and from school and surrounding areas.
With a permanent, term-time position and an hourly pay of £11.81, this opportunity is located across Essex.
Each position requires approximately 7.5 hours per week, including a holiday pay element.
You will need to be available during the 39 weeks of the academic year, particularly in the morning (08:00 – 09:00) and afternoon (14:45 – 15:45) depending on individual site requirements.
The role is disability confidence, emphasizing the importance of supporting individuals with mobility impairments.
Responsibilities include having regard for the needs of people with disabilities, maintaining regular contact with schools attended by children using the crossing, assessing risks, and reporting problems or defects.
The Essex school jobs also involve preparing reports on accidents and incidents occurring at the crossing site.
Uniforms, equipment, and training will be provided, making this an ideal opportunity for punctual and reliable individuals with a friendly demeanor.
Make a difference in your community—apply now to become a School Crossing Patrol Officer in Essex!
Discover More: Starbucks Jobs: Top 27 Options You Can Try
Some Other Opportunities
Now, check out some more Essex school jobs.
11. Site Assistant / General Handyperson.
12. Caterlink – Catering Assistant.
13. Midday Supervisor.
14. Midday Assistant.
16. Regional Caretaker.
17. Classroom Learning Support Assistants.
18. Teaching Assistant.
19. SEND Teaching Assistant.
20. Trainee Teaching Assistant.
21. Road Safety Assistant.
22. Teaching Assistant.
23. Learning Support Assistant (LSA).
24. Higher Level Teaching Assistant.
26. Learning Support Assistants.
May You Like Also: Superdrug Jobs: Top 31 Options You Can Try
In conclusion, Essex school jobs offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals passionate about education.
From teaching roles to leadership positions and support staff positions, there’s a diverse range of options for professionals at various stages of their careers.
While the application process may be competitive, the benefits, professional development opportunities, and the chance to contribute to the education of future generations make Essex schools an appealing choice for those seeking a fulfilling career in education.
You May Like Also: