Brighton, a bustling seaside city on England’s south coast, is well-known for its colorful culture, upbeat vibe, and gorgeous waterfront.
Brighton has something for everyone, whether you’re searching for an adult getaway, a family day out, or a weekend escape.
We’ll look at the top family-friendly, adult, and kid-friendly activities in Brighton in this list.
Fun Things To Do in Brighton With Kids
With so many kid-friendly activities available, Brighton is an excellent travel destination for families. The following attractions are a must-see for a fun-filled day spent with the kids:
1. Brighton Pier: Endless Fun by the Sea: The well-known Brighton Pier offers children countless hours of enjoyment.
The pier is a joyous place with exciting attractions and vintage arcade games. Remember to savor some classic fish and chips while taking in the stunning English Channel views.
2. SEA LIFE Brighton: Explore the World Below the Surface: Come to SEA LIFE Brighton for a unique and educational experience.
This aquarium is filled with a wide variety of marine life, including colorful fish, sharks, and rays.
Kids may interact with interactive exhibits and even touch some of the aquatic creatures, making it an entertaining and educational experience.
3. Brighton Toy and Model Museum: A Journey through Time: Step back in time at the Brighton Toy and Model Museum.
This hidden gem showcases an extensive collection of toys and models from different eras. Kids can marvel at vintage trains, dollhouses, and intricate model landscapes, providing a delightful blend of nostalgia and fascination.
4. Hove Lagoon: Watersports and Outdoor Fun: For active families, Hove Lagoon is the perfect destination.
Offering a range of watersports activities, including paddleboarding and windsurfing, this spot is ideal for older kids and teenagers.
The lagoon also has a playground and picnic areas for a complete day of family fun.
Fun Things To Do in Brighton For Adults
Brighton serves the demands of those looking for excitement and leisure in addition to being family-friendly. For an unforgettable experience, try these adult-only activities:
1. Brighton Beach: Sun, Sand, and Serenity: Take a leisurely stroll along Brighton Beach and soak up the sun.
The beach is lined with charming cafes and bars, perfect for enjoying a drink with a view. Alternatively, you can rent a deckchair and unwind while listening to the soothing sound of the waves.
2. The Lanes: Shopping and Artistic Vibes: Indulge in some retail therapy at The Lanes, Brighton’s famous shopping district.
This labyrinth of narrow streets is home to a diverse range of shops, selling everything from unique jewelry to vintage clothing.
The Lanes also showcase vibrant street art, adding to the area’s bohemian charm.
3. Brighton Comedy Club: Laughter Therapy: For a night of laughter and entertainment, visit the Brighton Comedy Club.
Located in the heart of the city, this venue hosts stand-up comedy nights featuring both local talent and renowned comedians.
It’s the perfect way to unwind and share some laughs with friends.
4. Cocktail Making Classes: Mix and Mingle: Brighton is known for its lively nightlife, and what better way to embrace it than by taking a cocktail-making class?
Learn the art of mixology from skilled bartenders and enjoy creating and tasting your own concoctions. It’s an ideal activity for a group of friends or a unique date night experience.
Best Things To Do in Brighton
Discover the absolute ‘what is 5 things you need to do in Brighton’ with our curated list of the best activities that showcase the city’s charm and diversity:
1. Royal Pavilion: A Regal Retreat: The Royal Pavilion is one of Brighton’s most iconic landmarks, known for its exotic architecture and lavish interiors.
Once a royal residence, it now serves as a museum open to the public. Explore the opulent rooms, stunning gardens, and learn about the fascinating history of this regal retreat.
2. Brighton Museum and Art Gallery: Art and Culture Galore: Immerse yourself in art and culture at the Brighton Museum and Art Gallery.
The museum features an extensive collection of art, artifacts, and historical exhibits. From ancient artifacts to contemporary art installations, there’s something to captivate every visitor.
3. British Airways i360: Soar to New Heights: For breathtaking panoramic views of Brighton and its surroundings, take a ride on the British Airways i360.
This futuristic observation tower offers a 360-degree view of the city, the sea, and the South Downs. Sunset flights are particularly spectacular, providing a romantic and awe-inspiring experience.
4. Devil’s Dyke: Nature’s Playground: Escape the hustle and bustle of the city with a trip to Devil’s Dyke, a stunning natural valley just a short drive from Brighton.
Perfect for hiking and picnicking, this picturesque location offers breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
5. The Brighton Open Market: Culinary Delights: Indulge your taste buds at The Brighton Open Market, a foodie haven showcasing a diverse range of local produce and international cuisines.
From fresh seafood to artisanal chocolates, the market is a paradise for food enthusiasts. Don’t miss the chance to savor some of the best local flavors.
Things To Do in Brighton This Weekend: Top Things You Shouldn’t Miss
Ensure you make the most of your time in Brighton by checking off these top-rated activities:
1. Brighton Street Art Tour: Urban Creativity: Embark on a self-guided or organized street art tour to discover Brighton’s vibrant and ever-evolving urban art scene. From large-scale murals to hidden gems, the city’s streets are a canvas for local and international artists.
2. Volk’s Electric Railway: A Nostalgic Journey: Take a ride on Volk’s Electric Railway, the world’s oldest operating electric railway.
Running along the seafront, this historic railway provides a nostalgic journey with stunning views of the coastline. It’s a unique and charming way to experience Brighton’s maritime beauty.
3. Ghost Walk of The Lanes: Haunting Tales: Explore the darker side of Brighton with a Ghost Walk of the Lanes.
Led by knowledgeable guides, these nighttime tours take you through the city’s historic alleys and share spine-chilling tales of ghosts and legends. It’s a thrilling experience for those who enjoy a touch of the supernatural.
4. Stanmer Park: Green Oasis: Escape to the tranquility of Stanmer Park, a vast green space on the outskirts of Brighton.
Perfect for picnics, leisurely walks, or a game of frisbee, the park offers a refreshing break from the urban hustle. Keep an eye out for the historic Stanmer House within the park grounds.
5. Brighton Marina: Maritime Marvel: Explore the bustling Brighton Marina, where modern luxury meets maritime charm.
Stroll along the waterfront, indulge in shopping at the marina’s boutiques, or enjoy a meal with a view at one of the waterfront restaurants.
The marina is also a hub for water activities, including boat tours and sailing.
Are There Things To Do in Brighton on Sunday?
Absolutely! Brighton remains lively and bustling on Sundays, offering a variety of activities for locals and visitors alike. Here are some recommendations for a delightful Sunday in the city:
1. Sunday Roast At a Traditional Pub: Culinary Comfort: Experience a quintessential British Sunday by enjoying a hearty Sunday roast at one of Brighton’s traditional pubs.
Many establishments offer this classic meal, featuring roast meats, Yorkshire pudding, and all the trimmings. It’s a delicious way to savor local flavors.
2. Brighton Flea Market: Vintage Finds: Browse through eclectic treasures at the Brighton Flea Market, held on Sundays.
This market is a haven for vintage enthusiasts, offering a diverse array of antiques, collectibles, and unique finds.
It’s the perfect place to discover one-of-a-kind souvenirs or add a touch of retro to your home.
3. Relaxing Day at the Beach: Seaside Serenity: Spend a leisurely Sunday at Brighton Beach, soaking up the sun and enjoying the serene atmosphere.
Whether you choose to take a dip in the sea, read a book on the pebble beach, or simply stroll along the promenade, the beach offers a perfect setting for relaxation.
4. Brighton Dome: Cultural Afternoon: Explore the cultural scene of Brighton by attending a Sunday afternoon performance or exhibition at the Brighton Dome.
This historic venue hosts a variety of events, including concerts, theater productions, and art exhibitions, providing a sophisticated and enriching experience.
5. Bike Ride Along the Seafront: Active Exploration: Rent a bike and explore the scenic seafront on a leisurely Sunday bike ride.
The flat terrain and dedicated bike lanes make it easy for cyclists of all levels. Take in the sea breeze and picturesque views as you pedal along the promenade.
Stuff To Do in Brighton This Weekend
Planning a weekend getaway to Brighton? Make the most of your time with these exciting activities that capture the essence of the city:
1. Brighton Music Hall: Live Music Extravaganza: Immerse yourself in the vibrant music scene of Brighton by catching a live performance at the Brighton Music Hall.
From indie bands to electronic DJs, this venue hosts a diverse range of musical acts, ensuring a lively and memorable weekend night.
2. Brighton Food Tours: Culinary Adventure: Embark on a culinary adventure with a Brighton food tour. Explore the city’s diverse food scene by sampling local delicacies, street food, and international cuisines.
These guided tours provide a delightful gastronomic experience, perfect for foodies looking to savor the best of Brighton’s flavors.
3. Undercliff Walk: Scenic Hike: For nature lovers, the Undercliff Walk offers a picturesque coastal hike. Stretching from Brighton Marina to Saltdean, this scenic trail provides stunning views of the sea and the chalk cliffs.
It’s a refreshing way to connect with nature while enjoying the beauty of the Sussex coastline.
4. Brighton Fringe Festival: Artistic Extravaganza: If your visit coincides with the Brighton Fringe Festival, you’re in for a treat.
This annual event showcases a diverse range of performances, including theater, comedy, dance, and art installations. Check the festival schedule for an unforgettable weekend filled with artistic expression.
5. Brighton Ghost Bus Tour: Spooky Adventure: Embark on a unique and entertaining adventure with the Brighton Ghost Bus Tour.
This theatrical experience takes you on a journey through the city’s haunted history, combining comedy and storytelling for a spooky yet enjoyable evening.
Best Places Near Brighton
Explore the surrounding areas of Brighton for day trips and additional adventures. Here are some notable places near Brighton:
1. Lewes: Historic Charm: Discover the historic town of Lewes, located just a short drive from Brighton.
Known for its medieval architecture and charming streets, Lewes offers a serene escape with its historic sites, including Lewes Castle and Anne of Cleves House.
2. Seven Sisters Cliffs: Natural Wonder: Witness the breathtaking beauty of the Seven Sisters Cliffs, a short drive or train ride from Brighton.
The dramatic chalk cliffs and panoramic views of the English Channel make this a must-visit destination for nature lovers and hikers.
3. Arundel Castle: Medieval Grandeur: Step into the past with a visit to Arundel Castle, a medieval fortress located in the picturesque town of Arundel.
Explore the castle’s impressive architecture, beautifully landscaped gardens, and learn about its rich history dating back to the 11th century.
4. Ditchling Beacon: Scenic Hiking: For outdoor enthusiasts, Ditchling Beacon offers stunning panoramic views of the South Downs National Park.
Hike to the summit and enjoy a picnic while taking in the breathtaking scenery. The site is also known for its historical significance, with an ancient hill fort adding to its allure.
5. Chichester: Cathedral City: Visit the cathedral city of Chichester for a blend of history, culture, and shopping.
Explore the Chichester Cathedral, stroll through the charming streets, and indulge in some retail therapy at the city’s boutiques and markets.
Related Content: Things To Do in Stratford Upon Avon
Brighton Day Out
For those looking to make the most of a single day in Brighton, here’s a suggested itinerary for a perfect day out:
1. Morning: Royal Pavilion and The Lanes: Start your day with a visit to the Royal Pavilion, exploring its opulent interiors and picturesque gardens. Afterward, wander through The Lanes, enjoying the unique shops, street performers, and the overall bohemian atmosphere.
2. Lunch: Brighton Beachfront Cafe: Head to one of the beachfront cafes for a delightful lunch with a view. Enjoy classic fish and chips or explore the diverse culinary options available along the promenade.
3. Afternoon: British Airways i360 and Brighton Museum: Take a ride on the British Airways i360 for stunning panoramic views of the city. Follow this with a visit to the Brighton Museum and Art Gallery, immersing yourself in the rich cultural offerings.
4. Late Afternoon: Brighton Pier: Head to Brighton Pier for some classic seaside fun. Enjoy the arcade games, take a ride on the carousel, and treat yourself to traditional candyfloss or ice cream.
5. Dinner: The Lanes or Brighton Marina: For dinner, choose one of the charming eateries in The Lanes for a cozy and intimate atmosphere, or head to Brighton Marina for a waterfront dining experience.
6. Evening: Brighton Comedy Club or Brighton Music Hall: Wrap up your day with some entertainment. Choose between a night of laughter at the Brighton Comedy Club or immersing yourself in the city’s music scene at Brighton Music Hall.
May You Like Also: Top 10 Best Things To Do in Harrogate
Brighton, with its eclectic blend of history, culture, and seaside charm, offers an array of activities for visitors of all ages.
Whether you’re exploring with kids, enjoying a weekend getaway, or seeking adult entertainment, Brighton’s diverse attractions ensure a memorable experience.
From iconic landmarks to hidden gems, the city’s vibrant energy and cultural richness make it a must-visit destination on the south coast of England.
So, pack your bags, embrace the seaside breeze, and get ready for an unforgettable adventure in the lively city of Brighton.
You May Like Also: